Garden Antiques and Statuary
secure your valuable garden contents today
- You should never underestimate the capability of the professional thief - size and weight are not necessarily deterrents!
- Do not automatically assume that workers wearing day-glow donkey jackets are on official business. The greater the value of your garden contents, the greater the risk that Tommy T-Leaf will take. Be vigilant. If in doubt call the Police or notify Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111
- Make sure that your property never looks uninhabited. If neighbours are on holiday, be vigilant on their behalf.
Tommy T-Leaf Loves
- Expensive garden items irrespective of size and weight
- Easy access and exit for large / heavy items and his / her vehicle
Tommy T-Leaf Hates
- Monitored CCTV systems
- Property marking and warning signs thereof
- Physically secured items
- Gravel paths and steps (difficult to manoeuvre heavy objects)
If you have any information about garden crime, you can call anonymously on this freephone number:
0800 555 111
Share your tips
If you have any useful tips/ideas that you would like to share with other gardeners,
please contact us.
Recommended security products to protect your
garden antques and statues etc.:
SELECTA DNA Home Kit 50
Special offer price.
A DNA Forensic Property Marking kit for your home.
SelectaDNA Grease 50ml
Reduced from RRP - VAT included.
Selecta DNA Grease is used to uniquely identify materials which are at risk of theft
- To safeguard expensive garden items it is even more important that consideration is given to the overall recommendations outlined in:
Walls & Fences walls and fences security
Gates & Access
- Try to ensure that valuable items are not easily visible to the casual passer-by
- Wherever possible, use a fixing technique to secure valuable items. These can vary depending upon the item and the location. For example:-
a) Permanent Items, such as Troughs, Birdbaths, Sundials Statuary etc. should be fixed on a solid base using a strong adhesive, such as epoxy patching mortar – available at most builders merchants.
b) Moveable items, such as Benches, Barbecues, Garden Furniture etc should (when not in use), be chained to permanent ground anchors.
- Asset Tags which may be suitable for protecting certain items, especially when the tags can be installed unobtrusively.
- Consider installing a Garden Security CCTV system to secure your valuable garden items - it is a real deterrent, and will capture any individuals trespassing near your garden antiques.
Get Free Security Advice on these topics: